This guide to the V4 following the spectacular north Brittany coast between Roscoff and MontSt-Michel will be useful for anyone cycling the whole route as well as for those carrying bikes on their car or camper-van, or spending a holiday in one place, hiring bikes and exploring the coast in either direction.
It will also be invaluable for anyone doing the cross-channel Tour de Manche, which in its Brittany section follows the whole of the V4.
Use with Brittany’s Green Ways and The Nantes-Brest Canal to plan your own Brittany cycle tour
• maps the route of the V4
• shows how the V4 integrates with the road system
• logs the facilities in place - parking - camper-van parks - refreshments and provisions
• suggests detours and shows liaisons with other waymarked routes and circuits
• includes information on places of interest.
• lists accommodation and shows its location on the maps and lists bike hire and repair
Note:most of the V4 follows minor roads with only light traffic, and only occasional stretches of greenway. Gradients are more noticeable than on the almost level Green Way routes described in Brittany’s Green Ways. The V4 is not included in Brittany's Green Ways, but it is an important part of the network of Brittany’s bike routes and so merits its own guide book. It’s a great way to explore some magnificent coastal scenery.