The first two editions (2010 and 2014) established Brittany's Green Ways as essential reading for off-road cycle-touring in Brittany. This 3rd updated edition includes information on later developments of the Green Way network.
The Blavet canal from Pontivy to Hennebont and the Green Way from Ploërmel to Messac are now mapped and described in detail. Two ‘Stop Press’ items - the completion of the V7 to Concarneau and of the V8 route on the Morbihan portion of the Rigole d’Hilvern (both occurring in 2016) - are noted and their implications assessed so that readers will be able to take them into account when route planning. The listing of ‘other cycle routes’ also includes some newcomers.
The list of accommodation providers has been updated to reflect changes of availability.
• maps the major part of the current network of Green Ways
• shows how it integrates with roads
• logs facilities in place - parking, seats, shelters etc., refreshments, provisions and accommodation
• suggests detours and shows liaisons with other leisure circuits for walkers and cyclists
• notes places of interest nearby
• provides a directory of overnight accommodation
• lists other Green Ways and long distance cycle routes signed on quiet roads and tracks
• includes a chapter on Brittany's railway history
The major Green Ways covered in detail are:
• V2 St-Malo to Rennes • V3 St-Malo to Questembert •V6 from Pont Triffen to St-Méen-le-Grand • V7 Roscoff to Concarneau • V8 on the Rigole d'Hivern to St-Caradec (link to the V6) and from Pontivy to Hennebont following the Blavet • The VD6/VD2 from Ploërmel to Messac.